Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I own a 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT 8 with the 6.4L V8 and auto

Customer Question
transmission; I am considering installing...
I own a 2014 Chrysler 300 SRT 8 with the 6.4L V8 and auto transmission; I am considering installing a pedal commander to eliminate the accelerator lag in this vehicle . Is there any downside and where is the pedal accelerator connection located in this vehicle? Or can this lag be eliminated in any other method such as ignition on and slowly depress the pedal and slowly releasing the pedal.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Chrysler
will the vehicles computer react negatively to this addition? Is this method recommended to eliminate the pedal lag?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/3/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 3 months ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If your concerned about the slight pedal lag then the pedal commander will resolve your issues and not void your warranty. There is some good reviews on the product and it only takes 5 min to install... I would suggest you remove the pedal commander if you have to take it in for service to eliminate any issues...

Once you install it you will be able to tell a big difference in throttle response, and it's just plug in and play so there is no wiring or soldering involved....

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Can you provide a photo or shop diagram as to exactly where the pedal accelerator switch is located ?Are you familiar with the pedal commander functioning in a vehicle such as mine?

Your accelerator pedal has a connector that you will need to disconnect and connect the pedal commander in line with it. And we have a customer with one installed on a Charger with a HEMI and has not had any issues with it.

It has 4 basic modes ECO, CITY, SPORT, SPORT + in addition there are parameters on top of the 4 modes you can adjust them +4 or -4 in each direction depending on you and to fit your driving style so there are 36 settings you can adjust to. 4 basic modes plus fine tuning equal a total of 9 Settings 9x4=36

The pedal commander simply amplifies the throttle signal to the PCM..

Have a great day,

Brad

Do you need more help?

Did you get a refund?

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad

Brad
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician