Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 limited and it came with the 4.5…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Chrysler 300 limited and it came with the 4.5 touch screen instead of the 8.4 touch screen so I recently bought the 8.4 touch screen in I was wondering if i would have to change the RB1 radio to the RB5 radio in order for the 8.4 screen to work?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the device aftermarket, or did it come with the vehicle?

It came with the 4.5 instead of the 8.4 so I bought the 8.4 touch screen Monday

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried putting it in last night in the screen doesn't show anything so I was wondering does the RB1 need to be changed to the RB5 in order for the 8.4 screen to work?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/3/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The answer is yes, you must have the correct audio head unit that matches the touch screen that you want to install. You may also need to go to the dealer and have them add the RB5 to the vehicle build sheet so that the technician can use the Witech Scan Tool to download the new build sheet to the vehicle so that the radio will function properly...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician