Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

No fuse light, engine won't start, sprayed starting fluid…

Customer Question
No fuse light, engine...

No fuse light, engine won't start, sprayed starting fluid can't get it to start. it did over heat but had a head gasket test and it passed. (2001 pt cruiser)

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes no visable leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Chrysler?

Pt cruiser

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?

1 sec

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Unplugged and swapped some of the fuses around to see what fuse is working improperly. it had overheated multiple times.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/3/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that can cause a no start condition and it's going to require some testing to determine what is going on. You may be missing spark, fuel, it could be a broken timing belt, fuel quality, and it's definitely possible there could be internal engine damage.

Have you tested spark and fuel pressure?

ran starting fluid and no spark at all, hand checked spark plug yet. Interior lights don't work when door opens, and the electric lock only works 1 way either only locking it or only unlocking can't remember off hand which one.
Have you checked for fault codes?
iod fuse was burnt, now have fire, hoping some more fuel will get us there, it's been low

The IOD fuse powers the dome lamp, radio and power locks and isn't related to your no start condition.

it tried to fire once with starting fluid, the gas has been real low. my uncle (has mechanical experience) was out trying and said he heard it try to fire 2 times before I went back out. he thinks that maybe putting 4 Gallons of fresh gas it might start.
havnt checked plugs yet, grandfather is saying if sparks are good maybe bad coil pack

You haven't physically checked for spark?

not yet I'm heading out to take the covers off to get to the plugs

Ok.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician