sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Intermitent loss of breaking assistence at low speed. If you

Customer Question

Intermitent loss of breaking assistence at low speed. If you keep breaking and dont let foot off the break it never happens. The vaccume pipes have been tested and are ok. Is it the solenoid vave?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Chrysler grand voyager 2.8 diesel 2007 year
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Engine original. 150000miles. Serviced 3 months ago. Done regularly by same mechanic.
JA: What year is your Voyager?
Customer: Year 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Proffesional mechanic is working on it. He has vacume tested the servo piping. All ok.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

If the problem is truly lack of power assist then it's either a loss of vacuum to the brake booster or a failure in the brake booster itself. What should be done is test vacuum at the booster while there is no assist and if ample vacuum is present but there is no assist or poor assist then the booster will need to be replaced.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!