Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I first turn the key there will be clicking and when I…

Customer Question
When I first turn...

When I first turn the key there will be clicking and when I try it again, it usually starts but turns over really slow.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

In park

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It had a lot of corrosion on the battery terminals so we cleaned those off really well. It also sputters occasionally when driving. It is a PT Cruiser by the way

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: George H., ASE Master Technician replied 11 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Master Technician

Hello In will help,

Sounds like your battery cables need to be cleaned and tightened and then test the battery at an autoparts store as it may be failing.

Please let me know how I can help you with this

Thanks

Hi, were you able to get the battery checked?