sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Check engine light is on with code 1492. Air conditioning

Customer Question

check engine light is on with code 1492. Air conditioning works less than half the time.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stays on
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2002 chrysler voager
JA: Are you fixing your Voyager yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, checked the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, where is acm located
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P1492 is for the ambient temperature sensor and sets when the signal voltage is too high and out of operating range. When it's signal is missing then the a/c compressor won't be allowed to engage, so these issues should be related.

The problem could be wiring damage or a connection issue, or it could be the sensor itself. It's located in the center of the lowest opening in the front bumper cover.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!