Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Swap motor on 2001 pt crusier wont fire by the coil;coil…

Customer Question
Swap motor on 2001...

Swap motor on 2001 pt crusier wont fire by the coil;coil good all sensors good its a 2002 motor we installed

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Chrysler?

Limited touring

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?

My step son checked all the sensors all work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What to look far to fix the problem

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
8/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Brad, Dealership Technician replied 1 year ago
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Good afternoonCan you look at the camshaft sensor wires and tell me if you have a green/orange wire in it?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im not where the car is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what does the wiring mean
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can you tell me what to look far
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why the coil wont fire put all sensors on another motor they work
I need to know if the camshaft connector has a green wire in it.
When you get to the vehicle let me know and I will walk you thru the steps to determine the issue.
If you opt me out I will not be able to help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok
If you disconnect the camshaft sensor on the side of the head and it does have a green/orange wire then swap the camshaft and cool connector and it should start.Let me know.
Brad
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
both camshafts do you change connector
What do you mean, both camshafts? If you disconnect the camshaft sensor on the right side of the head and you have a green/orange wire then you need to disconnect the cool and swap connectors. Plug the camshaft connector to the coil and plug the coil connector to the camshaft. The coil has to have the green/orange wire as it's the ASD 12v feed.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you need anymore help, please reply back. I am happy to address any follow-up questions you may have. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

If your not familiar with how JustAnswer works, You ask a question, I try and give you the best answer I can and then you leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping.. I strive for excellent ratings and greatly appreciate all bonuses.. Feel free to reply back as many times as needed until your issues is resolved...

Feel free to request me in the future for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Take care,

Brad