sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2008 pt abs light on and brake pedal vibrates when pushing

Customer Question

2008 pt abs light on and brake pedal vibrates when pushing pedal
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Just abs light
JA: What is the model of your '08 Chrysler?
Customer: PT cruiser convertible
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to diagnose myself. It's my dad's car with 30,000 miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sounds like a common problem. Figured I could find someone who had same problem and shared the fix.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What you're feeling in the pedal is most likely ABS activiating when it should not be. There are several things that coudl be going on but the most likely cause woudl be a bad wheel speed sensor or damaged tone wheel, if it happens while you're moving.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!