Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a 2008 Town & Country with engine problems. 3.8 V6.

Customer Question
Hello, i bought a 2008...
Hello, i bought a 2008 Town & Country with engine problems. 3.8 V6. I mean it run like a rough idle. like a working in 4 cylinders. I just got the code P0172 and P0300.
I replace:
Spark plugs and ignition cables.
IAT and MAF Sensor
PCV ValveI check the spark. has really good spark.
I check the injectors harness.
I check the spark plugs and them looks like wet with lots gasoline.Can you orient me about it? thanks.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/2/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. if the plugs are wet it is because you have leaky injectors causing the p0172. and the fuel laying on top of the pistons is not burning fast enough, causing the p0300.

hi, thanks for your quick response. So 6 injectors are in bad condition? bc 6 spark are wet.

not necessarily .....have a fuel pressure leak down test done

i take the rail off with the inyectors and crank the engine. The injectors vaporize good. Any other idea? low compression?

check the spark. make sure its a blue ish white or bright orange/yellow

thats a nice color. its definitely not weak spark

P0335 CHRYSLER - Crankshaft Position Sensor Possible causes Faulty crankshaft position sensor Crankshaft position sensor harness is open or shorted Crankshaft position sensor circuit poor electrical connection Signal plate may be damage Starter motor may be faulty Starting system circuit Dead or weak battery Sometimes and in some models, low battery voltage or a weak starter can trigger a Crankshaft Position Sensor code. Before replacing any parts, recharge or replaced battery. The crankshaft position sensor (POS) signal is not detected by the Electronic Control Module (ECM) during the first few seconds of engine cranking Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) Possible lack/loss of Power Engine may stall while driving P0335 CHRYSLER Description The Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) also known as the crank position sensor is an electronic device used in an engine to record the rate at which the crankshaft is spinning. This information is used by the Electronic Control Module(ECM) to control ignition and fuel injection. The sensor system consists of a rotating part, typically a disc, as well as a static part, the actual sensor. When the engine is running, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. The changing gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change. The change in the magnetic field cause the voltage from the sensor to change.

hows it going?

hi, sorry i was in little hollidays. we change the crankshaft sensor and the problem still there. same error code but now i got the camshaft sensor too. I getting crazy. i will take a look on the wiring harness. Any other idea? thanks.

not really. I will open this up to the others for their ideas.

ok thanks.