Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have change it all on my 2001 pt crusier that I love, and…

Customer Question
I have change it all...
I have change it all on my 2001 pt crusier that I love, and it still over heats,found
coolant on the ground and smoke came from under the hood, I'm 67 yrs old and I love
this car, what is wrong Please help this little lady......thanks
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 11 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi Margie.

Lets see if we can find what is causing you this problem.

Change all the main elements that would cause you the overheating.

But was the ventilators checked ,when the engine get to normal operating temp do the fans switch ON and off with temp change.

If not then this could well be your problem.

If they do then i suggest you have a CO2 block and head leak test done ,this will confirm a bad head gasket .

These are the two options that are now possible tol be your problem .i hope its the cooling fans that are defective otherwise you will have to have the headgasket repair done .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i/we will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Before rating poor or bad please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't i will opt out so another expert can.
We want you to be happy with an answer and help you with your problem . Want you to be a happy motorist .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating to this problem
Kind regards Greg..

thanks, ***** ***** a co2 block

Hi.

Here is a link for you to see what this is .

Please click here .

Rgds Greg