Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Steady engine light when ignition is on and starts with a…

Customer Question
Steady engine light when...

Steady engine light when ignition is on and starts with a single beep

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2014 chrysler300 awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing really

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

You can get a free code scan at the local auto store if you dont have a scanner

i have an appointment booked for th 16th of aug
is it safe to drive till then with a steady yellow engine light

no way to tell without the codes really, If you can run by the auto parts store and get a scan ill let you know for sure

ok wil do that tomorrow

sounds good ill be around

code p52

If its a p0052 you should be fine thats just a 02 sensor code,