Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

It wont start 2008 PT crusier, yes replaced ignition starter

Customer Question

it wont start 2008 PT crusier
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes replaced ignition starter switch
JA: What is the model of your '08 Chrysler?
Customer: PT cruiser
JA: Are you fixing your PT Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I replaced the Ignition starter switch, cleaned fuse box, replace Starter Relays
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the car never had an issue since I bough it brand new battery is new, Starter switch new , relays new
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Will it at least crank?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no start only lights on dashboard shows ok,

Do you own a volt meter or test light?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not close to the car in till this Thursday, I was hopping to get some idea on what's going on before I get back home

I can provide the starting wire diagram so you can test things once with the car to see why it will not crank?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try
when I get back home

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15byuaeq8727gjr/ptstart.pdf?dl=0

Using the above diagram, for the engine to crank the starter relay needs a power on pins 1 and 2 and ground on pin 5. Can you verify those? With the key in the run position and pin 1 and 4 briefly jumped, will it crank and start?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris