Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I changed the battery in my crossfire, now the keys do not

Customer Question

I changed the battery in my crossfire, now the keys do not work to open and lock doors. How do I re program it?
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: On my other cars. I realized I should have jumpered around it to keep the electronics in the car working. But I didn't think about that when I took the battery out.
JA: What year is your Crossfire?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried putting the key in and turning the ignition on and than pushing the door open button on the key. That did not solve the problem. Both keys no longer work so its not the key battery.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Did the key not work to begin with which is why you tried new batteries?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced the car battery, not the key batteries.
Since both keys failed to work, the problem is the replacement of the car battery.
The keys need to be re programmed to the car.
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

You will need two programmed keys in order to program another key yourself, and since none of them work then you will need a DRBIII scantool to program the keys. We(Dealership) charge 55.00 to program keys.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Your information was of no help to me.
discontinue my ask it account
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

What do you mean my information was no help? You asked how to reprogram the keys and I told you how to do so.. Just because you don't have the equipment to program the keys doesn't mean my information is no good.. I've been working on Chrysler's for 20 years and the only way to program the keys you will either need two working keys or a scantool to program them. There is no way around this so being that my information is 100% accurate I would appreciate a positive rating as this is not a free service and your speaking directly to a ASE Master certified Chrysler triple master technician..