Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2002 town and country ac runs for 10 seconds and cycles of…

Customer Question
2002 town and country...

2002 town and country ac runs for 10 seconds and cycles of for a few minuets and back on for 10 to 15 seconds. new compressor , condenser , dryer , pressure switch and pigtail and relay. works good if you jump across relay. pressures are good . was vacuumed down. driving me crazzzzzy . thank you for any input

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

Starts and runs great. 120,000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?

Compressor , dryer , condenser pressure switch and pigtail expansion valve. vac and charge .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pressures are within range .

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
8/1/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can prevent the compressor from engaging. If these parts have truly been ruled out then that would leave the control head, ambient temperature sensor, the evaporator temperature sensor, and wiring as likely causes.

What are the pressures when the compressor is running?

40 and 200

Do you have a scan tool capable of communication with all modules?