Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I need to get my electronic throttle control system checked

Customer Question

I need to get my electronic throttle control system checked in my vehicle
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: I have a 2007 Chrysler Sebring SE
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the sensor light on my dash flashes in red: it's the lighting bolt sensor symbol it looks like: ) then the lighting bolt (
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: no. when I drive, that's when it flashes and I am unable to accelerate my car
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

Turn key on-off-on-off-on within 5 seconds and let me know if any diagnostic codes are displayed on odometer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, nothing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Engine light is blinking
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

What engine do you have? This will probably not be something you can fix from home but I can give you an idea of what to expect at shop.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
V6
Expert:  Dan replied 2 months ago.

From what I've seen this is usually caused by a failing accelerator pedal which as a position sensor built into it. Connecting a scan tool and checking codes would be best first step, parts store may let you barrow scan tool with a deposit so you can check codes. The sensor is about $150 for part and a hour labor to install so around $250-$300 total at a shop. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks .