Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic Vehicles .
45790705

My ac runs normal on the auto mode and recycle, but when you

Customer Question

My ac runs normal on the auto mode and recycle, but when you press the AC button mode after a while it stops blowing cold air only hot air blows out
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2015 town and country
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We haven't touched anything, it just started happening
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When both ac button and recycling button are on after a while cold air stops coming out and blower is still blowing
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1-When the AC stop blowing cold air , open the hood and look at the ac compressor ,is the AC clutch still engaged ?

2- The ac system will kick off in few condtions, if the high side is rising and passes 175 psi ,that menas we have a restriction ,leke ac condesnser ,expansion valve etc..

3- if the ac freeon levels drops below 25 % ,the low pressuer switch will cut it off ?

4- if the fan are running and stop running the ac compressor will curt off, look at the ac fan is it running when system stop blowing cold ?

5- To check which one it is ,we need ac gauge tester that we can hook up to the low side port and high side ,to get thosreadings

ideal readings for good running system is :

when system off, the low side should read around 100 for it to be fully charged

when system is running the low side needs to read 25 to 45 psi and high side 150 to 175 psi

6- now if the compressor is stil on and fan are still on and freeon levels are correct and just the vent start blowing hot air then we have blend door, mode door actuator issue, there is small motor that moves the air flow inside the dash, these may malfunction or the hvac module in dash is reversing the door when it is not supposed to

so testing will be needed, on 2015 ,with Chrysler capable scanner you can read hvac module and retrieve fault codes and based on these fault we can pull up troubleshoot and be accurate on it

So you first step will be ac gauges and readings to figure out what the system is doing, is it freeon issue or restriction or electrical issue then we need a scanner

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat