Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to change the oil sensor switch on my dodge avenger…

Customer Question
Hi i need to...

Hi i need to change the oil sensor switch on my dodge avenger 2008

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/31/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the engine size of your Dodge Avenger, please, so that I may check for your information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2.4
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm in Australia that's ok I'll just type

No, problem. Just a moment, please.

Here is the information that you have requested. Here, I am attaching the location information for the oil pressure sensor along the the location for the oil temperature sensor, just in case.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the info. The part I ordered doesn't match their telling me maybe the car was modified. So for the time being I'll have to take out the fuse so the annoying Noise will stop. Can u please tell me where I can locate the fuse for the oil pressure sensor. Thx
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI ARE YOU STILL THERE

Yes, just a moment, please.

You need to remove the pressure switch that is in to vehicle and let the auto part store match it up. This way you will insure that you have the correct part.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
actually we just found the oil sensor switch it was behind the manifold. we had to remove the manifold to find it. it looks different to the diagram you provided
.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is there a limit to this service or can i ask questions for another issue

This thread is reserve for one question at a time. To ask another question you will have to open another thread.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, a positive rating is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.