sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Reverse lights inop. ALL OTHER LIGHT FUNCTIONS WORKING

Customer Question

reverse lights inop. ALL OTHER LIGHT FUNCTIONS WORKING PROPERLY. No power at rear lights connectors. OTHERS have power. Bulb looks fine and tested ok. 2003 town and country limited with 3.8 and 198000 miles
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: bulb does not illuminate. reverse wire at light has no power
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fuse ck. put in gear and ck 'd for p
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no 12v at connector at tailights for reverse
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are a few things that could be going on and it will require some electrical testing to determine what is going on. The problem may be wiring or the body controller, assuming there are no other problems and you tested for power at the tail lamp connectors themselves.

The next step will be to test the circuit for a short to ground. If ok, try a battery disconnect and see if the lights come back. If not then the next step would be to check for power leaving the body controller. If there is none then the most likely cause would be the body controller, but a scan tool should really be used to ensure that the BCM is seeing a request for the lights to come on.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!