Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Chrysler 300M that I can't seem to get my AC…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Chrysler 300M that I can't seem to get my AC to work. Recharge my system and compressor comes on the fan comes on and I replace it not condenser although both lines low pressure and high pressure very hot. I'll hold two seconds hot air comes out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?

Yes. However its water in my cooling system right now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300M yourself? What have you tried so far?

Study before and had a mechanic to install new condenser and check for compressor lines to be although both lines are not clogged. Compressor lines are not allowed he checked for the fans both fans working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have not replaced the air compressor because clutch seem to be working fine just don't understand why both lines are very hot and still AC not working

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
7/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. What pressures are you getting when compressor is on?

I honestly don't know I need to check back with the mechanic that was working on the car

Do you know who it was?

It will be tomorrow before I can get an answer

ok sounds good

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics