Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I think the security system was somehow tripped. Car won't…

Customer Question
I think the security...

I think the security system was somehow tripped. Car won't start, locks don't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

To make it worse the top is down and we are on a city street.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Chrysler?

2010 Sebring convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Left key in ignition for 20 minutes, then tried it - nothing. Doors won't lock either.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Supposedly Chrysler has codes to reset, but that probably needs to be done by mechanic. Have called for a tow

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
7/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

When the tow truck gets there, have them disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect it. You can use the negative jump start post under the hood to disconnect the battery so you don't need to get into the fender to disconnect it.

After resetting the computers by disconnecting the battery, try the door locks and try starting it. Let me know if you get it started this way...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.