Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

The engine oil dipstick is broken at the top (plastic area).

How do I remove it...
The engine oil dipstick is broken at the top (plastic area). How do I remove it from the dipstick tube?
7/30/2017
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Can you still screw the screw into the broken off part? Or did it strip out the threads?

The screw does go in a bit but I think it is wedging on the side of the tube as well. I tried prying up the screw up with a pry bar and with a lot of pressure but no luck.

What I do is stack a few washers on the screw that will sit on the top of the tube and just let the screw start to screw in, then when you tighten the screw, it will pull the dip stick up and out of the tube. You may have to add a washer in a few times, but it will come out.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Your idea of using a screw and washers worked. It didn't come easy but I won. Thanks so much.

You are very welcome. I am happy that worked for you.

kalamykid
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech