Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Esp abs lights on truck in limp mode, No came on then

Customer Question

Esp abs lights on truck in limp mode
JA: Has the light been on for some time?
Customer: No came on then started acting funny shifting etc then check engine light and acts like its in limp mode
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2007 chrysler aspen 4.7 the lights to esp and abs came on truck started running rough check wngine came on
JA: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Undid the battery and truck went to limp mode were it runs but not alot of power and got me home .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was driving the esp and abs lights came on few min later the truck ran roughi pulled over undid the battery to reset it was like in limp mode and i drove it home
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Abs and esp lights came on truck started running rough check engin light came on stop the truck undid the battery for min then started it and came home all lights are still on and euns rough maybe limp mode
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Have you had the car scanned for codes yet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

That would be the first thing we need to do before I know what to tell you next. the local auto stores will do a scan for free or you get one they are fairly cheap now a days,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ya i know our auto part store not open until monday . Im thinking a wheel speed sensor or abs module if self making vehicle go limp mode

Hard to say without the codes.