Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fan is blowing ac is on low pressure line gets cold but no…

Customer Question
Fan is blowing ac...

Fan is blowing ac is on low pressure line gets cold but no cold air inside of car

Mechanic's Assistant: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?

No Also the two vents to the left in front driver appears to be slightly warmer than the two on right facing passenger

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

MFD is 10/06. Model 2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I connected one those ez chill ac recharge it shows that pressure is ok I also spray washed the condenser

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just got the car so not much history

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris
Chris, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. What is the model? Town and Country van, 300C, Sebring or ??

2007 Sebring 4door sedan
Ok thanks. You may have a failing temperature blend door actuator or broken door inside of the HVAC housing behind the dash. But first let's try resetting the HVAC control head. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. See if the temperature from the vents will now get cold. Let me know.Chris
Disconnect the negative battery for two minutes no change in temperature

When you adjust the temperature from full cold to full hot, can you feel any change in temperature?

Chris

it will change to full hot

Ok, then if that is the case, the blend door is probably okay. How cold is that low side line at the compressor?Should be pretty cold.

Chris

It's pretty cold

Hmmm, Okay, well at this point, the next step is to ask the dealer to connect their WiTech scan tool to the vehicle and run some HVAC door calibration tests. You may have an actuator that is not allowing the temperature blend door to swing full cold. We have done pretty much all you can do without the use of the WiTech tool.

Chris

Ok

Sorry that it is not a simple fix, but I tried!

Chris