Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Sunroof won't close, everything works but sunroof won't

Customer Question
Sunroof won't close...

Sunroof won't close , everything works but sunroof won't close, is there a way to override the software so it can close or is there another way to close it .manually

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2008 300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried the calibration using the switch and pulling the fuse, i think I got the in calibration mode by accident so now the sunroof is in the open position and will. It close, i removed the neg. Cable and let it sit over 10 mins. Hoping the computer will reset, but that didn

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Didnt work either

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Heard the dealer is got a scanner that can override the software

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Chrysler
It's been over three hrs and still no answer.....
7/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 9 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and will help you the best I can. The track cables may be jammed or faulty, so to manually close the roof you will have to drop the motor for the roof and insert a tool into the drive portion of the trac and turn it till closed. If that doesn't work then the trac cables are most likely damaged and you should be able to slide the roof shut with that motor dropped so you can wait till you can get things replaced. Is there any thing else I can help you with?

What I tried to do was recalibrate my sunroof before adjusting it, when I did the calibration pushing the vent button and holding it for 5 seconds, then after that , when opened and closed the roof it wouldn't close all the way, so I did the calibration one where you pull the fuse when it's running in the open position, that's when it stuck in the open position and won't close, is there a software update that can over ride the computer and reset the sunroof

not unless you have it hooked up to a shop scanner. Then it can operate it through active test

Is there anyone else who does that besides a dealer, most dealers here are booked for next two weeks and , curious eat does one run as in cost

I am sorry I don't know what you may have in your area but you can phone around ahead of time and ask if they have a scanner capable of doing that procedure. I can only tell you what we would charge hourly here and that is .5 - 1.0 hr.

ok call around Monday, is there a way that you can pull the switch out and jump the connector to get it closed

that won't work if the ECU for the roof is faulty as it is part of the motor system. only option is manual y closing it.

Hmmmm ok like I said Monday I'll call around to see who else has scanner and if anything just make a appointment with dealer

these new roofs are getting high tech like everything else, there great when working but a pain when not as they leave us with few options to do anything. Just give me a crank handle .

I'm seeing this, and this is driving me nuts too, thank you for your help and i give you a 10 for service
If i have,anymore questions I'll request you again and ask more questions, thank you for your help

Yes you can ask for me , I would appreciate that. Good luck to you.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician