Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I do have problem with my chrysler 300C 06 starting but not

Customer Question
hey JA: Hello. How can I...
hey
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i do have problem with my chrysler 300C 06 starting but not firing up and it has code of p 0627
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have changed the spark plugs + charge my battery + change the fuel pump relay
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
7/30/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0627 is for the fuel pump relay control circuit. If this code set on it's own then it will be related to the no start condition, as the fuel pump will not be running. This could be a wiring or connection issue, a blown fuse or possibly an engine controller issue.

The code would have also set if you had the relay out with the key on. Was the key on when you removed the relay?

Have you cleared the code and seen it return yet the relay is in place?

the key was on when i changed the fuel pump relay.
is there a way I could clear the code without having a code reader or scanner?

You can disconnect the battery to clear the code, crank the engine for at least ten seconds without stopping, and then see if the code has set again.

also one of the technician has told that it might be the fuel pump is not work so i have to replace it

That's very possible. If the pump isn't running and the relay code doesn't come back then the next step will be to test for power and ground at the pump.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician