Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 1996 Chrysler Concorde. High & Low fan relays have…

Customer Question
Have a 1996 Chrysler Concorde...
Have a 1996 Chrysler Concorde. High & Low fan relays have been replaced for the engine cooling system. The fan assembly has been replaced also and the radiator. Have recuring overheat and fans have stopped working once again. Am about to pull relays and have them checked again. Could the problem be the engine temp sensor?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Chrysler
7/29/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

have you checked power at connectors when at operating temperature or when A/c on

Ok, I used a jumper wire to engage the radiator fans in place of the relays. Which worked. But I will have to install a toggle switch. Or the fans will stay on.

have you checked the coolant temp sensor and wiring? that tel the pcm when to tell the replays to turn on