Chris
Chris, Technician
Experience:  30 years certified Chrysler technician, smog license Certified Master Technician
12365498

I have a 2016 Chrysler 200 I just got it back from the

Customer Question

I have a 2016 Chrysler 200 I just got it back from the repair shop my check engine light came on and the error code is u11e9. My light is now off, but I'm still a little concerned
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
Hello and welcome to just answer.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
U11e9 is a code that will set if the PCM detects a problem with the CAN communication bus network, or lost communication with another module on the bus. If the light is off now, then you may have an intermittent issue with a connection or one of the modules. If it comes back on, then get it back to the dealer. Should be covered by the emissions warranty. This code will not cause you to be stranded, so don't worry about that.
I hope that this information helps a bit.Chris
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response, however this does not help me as I do not understand what connection or modules I should be concerned with,
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
How many miles are on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Almost 43,000, I'm not too concerned except I just got it back from the body shop ahead fender damage and basically my question is could it be related to that
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
I see. Yes definitely a wire in the CAN bus circuit that mat have been damaged in the accident could set the code
Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
If the wiring was damaged because of the accident, then your insurance should cover it.
Expert:  Chris replied 2 months ago.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.Thank you!
Chris