Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

It's a 2005 caravan sxt I jumped my grandson's car,

Customer Question

it's a 2005 caravan sxt I jumped my grandson's car, accidently hooked up jumpers reversed. Everything seems to work but the speedometer and tach are on the wrong side of the stop peg.
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried pressing the button the odometer and turning on the key. I think the speedometer twitched but nothing else
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: it was in park i don't know about the wheelock
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

first, lets try something simple,,

Remove both battery cables from the battery, turn on the ignition, touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds, turn off the ignition, then re-install them back to the battery

let me know if this fixed the problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it worked, thanks very much

you are very welcome

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.