Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Experience:  19 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician..ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My Chrysler town and country 2008 minivan will not start due

Customer Question

my Chrysler town and country 2008 minivan will not start due to a bad key fob
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: no, but it was periodically saying badkey
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet, it is stuck in a driveway at a friend's house
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the fob will unlock and lock the car, but when placed in the ignition, it will not start the car I only have one key
Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would be willing to attempt to fix this myself if it is possible to get a replacement key fob and program it myself?
Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

If you have a Witech scantool then yes you can program it yourself, but if not then you will need to bring it into us(Dealership) and we charge 55.00 to program new keys..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  Brad replied 2 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad