Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Fault Code P0403 showing

Customer Question

Fault Code P0403 showing
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  dcraig1000 replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks forr visiting the site. you have a fault egr control solenoid.

P0403 CHRYSLER - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit Possible causes Faulty EGR volume control solenoid valve EGR volume control solenoid valve harness is open or shorted EGR volume control solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection EGR temperature sensor and circuit Tech notes P0403 - Chrysler Town & Country User submitted video An improper voltage signal is sent to ECM through the valve Possible symptoms Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) Possible engine hesitation P0403 CHRYSLER Description Early Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) systems component s include and EGR Valve, and Engine Control Μodule (ECΜ) Controlled Vacuum Switch Valve or EGR Solenoid and an EGR Vacuum Μodulator. Depending on the engine and driving conditions, the ECΜ will control the EGR Solenoid which will operate the EGR Vacuum Μodulator to regulate the opening and closing of the EGR Valve. The EGR system on recently built vehicles uses a step motor to control the flow rate of EGR from exhaust manifold. This motor has four winding phases. It operates according to the output pulse signal of the ECΜ. Two windings are turned ON and OFF in sequence. Each time an ON pulse is issued, the valve opens or closes, changing the flow rate. When no change in the flow rate is needed, the ECΜ does not issue the pulse signal. Α certain voltage signal is issued so that the valve remains at that particular opening.

replace the egr solenoid

hows it going?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry David. Not being the mechanical type I don't know how easy/hard it is to replace the egr. I have not had the time to get it into a mechanic to have the repair done. Will let you know once I have the repair done.

ok, thank you