sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Dash lights on gauges all dead, lights all on speedometer

Customer Question

dash lights on gauges all dead
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: idiot lights all on speedometer tach gas guage dead
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2008 town and country
JA: Are you fixing your Town and Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: had battery and alt checked both were ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: windshield wiper starts and stops on its own
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's going to require some in depth electrical testing to determine what you have going on. The problem is either an internal failure in the instrument cluster or the interior high speed bus network is down. If the instrument cluster isn't communicating in the bus then it will cause the symptoms you're experiencing. If the bus is down it could be a failure in any module on the network or a short to power or ground on either of the two IHS circuits literally anywhere in the van between any of the modules.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!