sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Drive to store and on way back the car flashed and made a

Customer Question

Drive to store and on way back the car flashed and made a loud noise, all power was gone at one, pushed it home and battery has power, fuse box in trunk has power and fuse box under hood has nothing
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: First time, it was loud and hasn't come back on
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2005 300 touring rwd
JA: Are you fixing your Touring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3.5 lit
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've been checking fuses and found couple bad fuses and a bad data link fuse. Tried putting new one in, blows insteantly
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you have fuses blowing it's due to high current draw on the circuit it protects. The problem could be wiring or it may be a failure in one or more components on the circuit. It will require some testing to determine exactly what is going on.

Can you elaborate on the flash you saw?

What are the exact location numbers of the fuses that are blowing or were blown?