sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a 2002 Chrysler PT cruiser that the sun roof will not

I have a 2002 Chrysler PT cruiser that the sun roof will not close flush with the out side of the roof?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Depending on exactly what you're seeing the issue may just be with glass adjustment but it could be a mechanical failure of the sunroof.

Is it just the left or right side that isn't closing correctly? The whole glass? Just the front or rear?

Were there any problems leading up to this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My question was, I have a 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser that the sun roof works, and the glass will open and close but will not go into the closed flush position with the out side roof, the tilt up is not working, but will tilt open when you push up on the glass roof, Bot***** *****ne I want the sunroof closed flush with the car roof?

So is it just the back of the glass that isn't closing correctly?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the sun roof will not tip up to be flush with the car roof

What does it do if you attempt to push it up?

Were there any problems leading up to this or did it start after any work was done?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was working OK, just started when I opened the top for a ride and when I closed the top, it never went up to the flush position with the car roof?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
when you push the tilt button and push it up with your hand the roof the roof will tilt up, and when you use the button to lower the sun roof it goes back down to the rail, and you can open and close the sun roof....

If it does work correctly when you help it then the problem is either the motor, cables binding or a it may be a guide issue. It's going to require some disassembly and physical inspection to determine what is wrong.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I'll remove the two screws that hold the plastic guides and check it out if I don't see anything wrong will their be a problem to relining the screws to put the plastic guide back on the window?

Most likely not.