sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2008 chrysler sebring convertible. power top does not work..

Customer Question

2008 chrysler sebring convertible . power top does not work. . all i hear is a clicking noise. the windows do not start to go down
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  shawn patrick replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Ok first thing is to get the vehicle scanned for codes, if it is having problems there should be some codes stored in the computer

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
how do you get the car scanned for codes. dealer wants 125.00

autozones computer may do it, some are the smaller basic readers and some carry the more advanced ones, they will check it for free

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Now the windows go down .i hear thw top relay rear seat clicking.auto zone scanner cant do power top.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If i dont. Have a 5000.00 scanner why do i need justask????
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause the top to not work and it will require some testing to determine what is going on. It's very likely that a scan tool capable of communication with the power top control module is going to be necessary to diagnose it.

What message do you see on the instrument cluster regarding the top while attempting to open it?