Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

Okay, I can't get the drivers side light to work on my 05

Customer Question

Okay, I can't get the drivers side light to work on my 05 chrysler 300C. I have replaced the switch, the ballast and the wire or connector that goes from the bulb to the ballast. Passenger side works fine. In the beginning before and after I replaced the switch, it blew the fuse each time I turned the lights on. It is not doing that anymore after I replced the ballast, but still not working. What next?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

There should be two fuse in the left lamp circuit, did you check the fuse #1 as well as fuse #23? See the wiring diagram in the link below for testing reference and let me know if you have power at the white/orange power feed at the left lamp.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/headlamp%20Jul%2014.pdf

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Fuse 1 was the one that kept "popping" before I replaced the ballast, even though my manual says number 1 is "left high beam headlight". I know it is for the low beams because when I remove number 2, the passenger side low beam goes off. Anyway, number 23 is okay. I will test the orange/white power feeds and let you know.
Expert:  Ron replied 12 days ago.

Okay check the power feed wire at the lamp and let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have power to the headlight. I tested the male electrical connector and I have power. Now I am wondering if the new ballast I got off ebay does not work or if there is an issue with the 4-pin power connector in the headlight itself. I already replaced the harness that goes from the ballast to the D1S bulb. It there a way to test the ballast? My only other option is to "flop" the ballast from the passenger side to the driver side (since the passenger side works) and see if that is the issue. What do you think?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 days ago.

If you have power and ground then it has to be a defective Ballast. Check and see if you have a good ground as well . Chrysler dose not offer testing steps for the ballast beside replacing it with a know good one. Swapping right to left would be your fasted way as well.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How do I check to see if I have good ground?
Expert:  Ron replied 11 days ago.

Place you volt meter power probe on the positive post of the battery and the ground probe on the black/light blue ground wire at the lamp connector. If you have a good ground you should get a battery voltage reading.