Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

What is the cause of the rear deck on a 2013 chrysler 200

Customer Question
limlied convertible malfunction.In operation on...
what is the cause of the rear deck on a 2013 chrysler 200 limlied convertible malfunction.In operation on both up and down modes the operation never compleats,it stops at operation not cecured with the result that trunk will not open with button.It seems to latch of but will not complete top operation
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: what malfaction of what part or switch will cure this
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is a 2013 200 not 300.Trien nothing Body man sayes he needs wiring diagram to trace problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it a defective sensor or an adjustment problem or a dead switch of some sort
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Chrysler
7/13/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

It can be a number of things , the top has limit switches and most common ,each time it finishes a cycle ,it will need to see that switch closed to move to teh next step if it does not see it it will stop top operation

now the best way to figure this out will be a Chrysler scanner or equivalent that can read top module and retrieve fault module and based on these fault codes we can pull up trouble shot that narrow it down to which switch with out that it will be a guess and you end up throwing part at it ,if you di get it scanbed ,post the fault code back here for me and i canhelp you further and be more accurate on it

Now we can do a Master reset in case it was glitch

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and start vehicle and try operating top

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat