Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had the water pump and timing belt replaced a couple of…

Customer Question
I had the water pump...
I had the water pump and timing belt replaced a couple of days ago. The PT cruiser now idles rough and stalls or shuts off on neutral. I'm taking it back to the mechanic tomorrow and would like to give him some advise on how to get it right this time. It doesn't seem to have lost power while driving on freeways or streets but the car did not idle rough before the replacements.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
7/13/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Merc320, Technician replied 1 year ago
Merc320
Merc320, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist.

Hi the valve timing might be out , there might be an air leak.

Other than that he will have to check for any fault codes in system.

Keep me informed please .