Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

It is idling very rough and it acts like it is not getting

Customer Question

It is idling very rough and it acts like it is not getting gas after starting in the morning or being parked on an incline. The car hesitates likes it's not getting gas.
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: When idling in the driveway it is consistent and that has been only 1 day. It has been intermittently acting like it wasn't getting gas for about 7 months. Replaced the throttle position sensor and that didn't work. Checked the mass air flow sensor and that not it either. No lights on causing an alarm and just had oil changed at the dealer.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2006 Chrysler Pacifica with 137K miles on it.
JA: Are you fixing your Pacifica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Well like I said we just replaced the TPS and that didn't work and checked the mass air flow sensor and that wasn't it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I stay up on my maintenance as a ritual.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 12 days ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is ***** ***** problem can very much be the upstream 02 sensors but you can't just change parts because is the most obvious thing to cause hesitation, the best way to approach this problem is by getting the codes stored on your computer using a scanner, you don't have to have an engine light on for a code to be stored on the computer, have you check on codes?