sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

What causes the convertible top operation light to read

Customer Question

What causes the convertible top operation light to read convertible top operation not secure on both up and down mode It seems to latch the rear deck but trunk will not open until light says operation complete which it does not
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If there are no visible mechanical issues then the problem is very likely a microswitch. There are switches that monitor the position of all components during operation and it isn't seeing noe or more switches reach the correct state during operation.

What will need to be done is use a scan tool to watch the switch states and see what is not changing as it should be. The affected switch's wiring can be tested to confirm that the switch is the issue.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!