Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine is running rough vibrating the car.. also in drive…

Customer Question
Engine is running rough...

Engine is running rough vibrating the car.. also in drive the car pushes faster than usual as if over reving. There was a leak in the oil filter, fixed it now the car runs rough

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No just the oil filter recently

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?

2005 300c 3.5l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Recently did an oil change, ran diagnosis no codes. Checked to see if any hoses were disconnected, there were none. Dipstick recently broke, could that cause a decrease in pressure? Also the lifters started clicking but goes away when engine is warm

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's pretty much it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Chrysler
7/10/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 10 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me get some info. Please stand by.

Chrysler Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 10 months ago

Does the engine run rough when cold, warmed up or all the time?

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics