Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I put a brand new battery in the 2007 Sebring. Won't start

Customer Question
still. I jumped it and...
I put a brand new battery in the 2007 Sebring. Won't start still. I jumped it and it started. Drove 10 miles home, turned it off over night. Woke up, started. It sat for 3 hrs while I worked, then dead again. Jumped it and it started after 2 turns. Had it tested at an auto place. 12.9 volts while still running from the jump. But 2 after turned off and wouldn't start again. Did testing they could determend faulty battery. Bought new one, tested at store and it was fine. Got it in car, won't start.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No cleaned them
JA: Are you fixing your Sebring yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just what I shared. Mechanic at local car place said just put a new battery in and you'll be fine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Alternator tested ok and starter tested ok.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Chrysler
7/7/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Amedee, Chrysler Technician replied 5 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Fixed it! Didn't clean the connections, duh!!! Thanks though!

Your welcome!!

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics