Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Trying to find brake light fuse or internal fuse panel

location if there is one...
Trying to find brake light fuse or internal fuse panel location if there is one in a 2012 200
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Chrysler. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Car stuck in park and I notice third brake light is out
7/3/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Here is the information the you have requested. The location of the high mounted lamp fuse #3 in the TIPM(engine compartment fuse box). This fuse also, is for the brake switch.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

I see its fuse number 3 and test light lights up, indicating fuse s good. The third brake light dies not come on so would I be right to determine the lamp is bad? Also would that stop the car from going into park which is initial issue?

If the fuse is proving to be good, that does not mean the switch is functioning properly. The issue will likely be the switch it self, or the circuits. I believe the issue to be a faulty switch. The center mounted bulb being out would not keep the car from going into gear.

You need to have the brake switch checked in order to confirm the proper function. Here I am providing testing information for this switch that will help you determine of the switch is the cause.
BRAKE LAMPSThe brake (or stop) lamps and the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL) each have a path to ground at all times through a takeout and eyelet terminal of the body wire harness that is secured to the body sheet metal within the passenger compartment. The CHMSL receives battery voltage directly on the brake lamp switch output circuit when the brake lamp switch is closed by the brake pedal arm. The TIPM also receives battery voltage on the brake lamp switch output circuit, which it uses as a signal to energize the brake lamps. The TIPM provides battery voltage to the brake lamps through a high side driver on the tail/stop lamp rear feed circuit when it receives the proper input from the closed brake lamp switch.

Here is the testing for the switch.

Just as a reminder, please, don't forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician