sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I have a Chrysler New Yorker 1995 3,5 l win

Customer Question

Hi! I have a Chrysler New Yorker 1995 3,5 l win 1C3HDB6F6SH664004, When I bought this car the previous owner said that the air condition was working, but it didn´t. So we filled liquid R134 and the compressor started, but it worked just for a little while, about one minute. Then both fans started ( even when the engine was cold). The compressor doesn´t start anymore. What is wrong? The car is an european model and has automatic ac.Best regards ***** ***** (Europe).
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can prevent the compressor from engaging including the clutch coil, the relay, wiring, the pressure transducer, control head, and it could be low charge. There may be a substantial leak which is why it worked initially when refrigerant was added.

What is the static pressure in the system now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello again!
Thank´s for you answer
I don,t know what the static pressure is now. I filled the refrigerant last summer, one year ago. It doesn´t seem to be any leek in the system. It works the same way as last season. I have following trouble codes: 12, 77 and 33. 33 = air conditioning clutch ralay Circuit. Are there reason to change the compressor? I have a new compressor in my garage.
Best regards Jonny
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Has the compressor relay been removed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi! I have tried to change the relay from another car. Are we talking about the same relay?
Jonny

Was the key on at any time with the relay removed though? That would set the code. You'll want to disconnect the battery, reconnect it, try running the a/c and see if the code sets again.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi again!
I just disconnected the battery. When I connected the battery again I got only code 12. And when I putted the ac on I got also code 33.( Same things happen, the compressor work four times, then the fan starts.)
Jonny

Are there two power feeds present at the compressor relay when it will not work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi!
Yes, there are two power feeds in the compressor relay when it doesnt work.
Jonny
Is there any corrosion or heat damage on the terminals that engage the relay?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Looks like new!
What will need to be done then is test the control wire from the powertrain control module to the relay. The isuue has to be with the wire or the PCM itself.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** to see what I can do. I keep in touch later.
Jonny
Great!