Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

I have a 2006 Chrysler Crossfire with a check engine light

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chrysler Crossfire with a check engine light on. Was hooked up to diagnostics and put out a "P-209 8" code. Can you tell me what this means and what needs to be done? Thank you for your time. Dave
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on.
JA: Are you fixing your Crossfire yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I am not. I have had it to an authorized Chrysler service dept. who said it needed 2 O2 sensors. They replace both (for $1200.00) and the light came back on within 40 miles. Took it to a muffler specialist and he is the one who gave me the error code I mentioned above.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just want it fixed so I can get it inspected !
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.
Hello I'm Wolfgang. I do need the vin # to assist. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, the Vin # is: 1C3AN65L16X061714. Thanks Worfgang
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not fixing it myself, so talking to me wont help. Please just tell me what this code means and how to fix what is wrong. I need to get it inspecdted to drive it!!!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you there ??
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

sorry for the delay.

Post-Catalyst Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Correction; Bank 2: Too Lean is p2098 this is a generic scan tool code so there can be some discrepancies

do you have the codes stored when it was at the Chrysler dealer?

diagnostics are a little different due to the fact that the powertrain is a Mercedes engine and transmission

please do let me know!!

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok, I will let you know tomorrow after I check with them. Thanks again Wolfgang.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

my pleasure the more info the better!!

thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good morning Wolfgang. I have been given the 2 codes that the Chrysler svc dept gave me. They are
P1053 & P1037. He said this indicated both rt side o2 sensors. They have both been replaced w/new. So now what??
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

ok let me look at the service info and will get back asap!!

thanks

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

did you get a rescan at the dealer since they have just done a repair and came back? here is the issue is that these codes are not in the chrysler manual so something is not jiving!!

let me know!!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been told that the "P2098" code breaks down to "post catalytic fuel trim system to left bank 2". Does that help at all to tell us what needs to be done to fix the prob.?
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

vacuum leak , exhaust leak, fuel injector not spraying correctly some tests are needed to take to isolate it , this is where the scan tool is needed to see the readings . first thing is to check for vacuum leaks around the intake and breather tubes. especially on the left side there are 2 tube going to the valve cover which you can inspect that in less than 5 minutes. please take a pic of the 2 rubber tubes to theleft valve cover . the engine cover needs to be removed to gain access. so i can see what you are seeing!!

thanks

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

could the codes be p0137 and p0153 ?? and mistaken the placement of the 0?