Edward
Edward, Technician
Experience:  I have over 20 years experience in the automotive service industry.
29534642

My 2000 Town & Country Van has Steering problems. I replaced

Customer Question

My 2000 Town & Country Van has Steering problems. I replaced Rack & Pinion, also intermediate shaft & steering column. But steering wheel shifts to left when transmission shifts into high greer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question, my name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

So your experiencing some torque steer? meaning the steering wheel only acts odd when you give the engine gas or the transmission downshifts, but going downhill with little to no acceleration it is fine correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Can you tell me if the engine mounts and transmission mounts have ever been changed? usually this torque steer is a symptom of weak engine or transmission mounts that let the front axles move to much under acceleration.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Get somebody inside to stand on the brake and put the E brake on fully, and get them to shift it from Reverse to Drive giving it about 1/4 throttle in both gears and you watch the engine, if it moves more than about 2 inches either way, then I would replace the mounts.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will contact you Monday, June 19, 2017 when I am off.
Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Alright, sounds good.

Expert:  Edward replied 1 month ago.

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.