Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Replaced the timing belt water pump and pulley on a 2006…

Customer Question
Replaced the timing...

Replaced the timing belt water pump and pulley on a 2006 2.4l pt crusier and it runs rough at idling

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

112,000 no

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

06 pt crusier

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes nothing eise

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I got a check engine light an code po882

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/15/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Dennis Gooch,
 replied 1 year ago
Dennis Gooch

P0882 refers to a problem with the TIPM (totally integrated power module) it is the underhood fuse panel and is a common and known failure on these vehicles. It is unlikely, but not impossible , for it to cause your rough idle problem. Most likely cause of that is the cam timing being a tooth off when you installed timing belt. It is very easy to be a tooth off. Sure you didn't want to hear that. :(