Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  28 years experience, ASE Master Certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Sprinter Van Certified
49095596

Motor for the window works, but it does not close all the

Customer Question

Motor for the window works, but it does not close all the way
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 175000 automatic
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: Town and Country/2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and just looked for obstructions, Since the motor works and it opens and tries to close.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

The most likely cause for this concern is a broken window regulator. It is quite common for the window regulator plactic parts to break causing the cable to bind up when rolling up or down.

The fix for this concern is to REPLACE the window regulator assembly. This assembly comes complete with a new motor and mechanism to make the window go up and down...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not a side roll down window, The side window all the way in the back! Opens towards the back of the van on an angle only a couple inches. That's the one that is not closing all the way.
Expert:  Robert R replied 3 months ago.

When the rear "Vent Windows" are inoperable it means that the gears internal to the motor are binding. What needs to be replaced in this instance is the "Vent Window Motor Assembly".

The only thing that you can check for problems is the vent window pivot assembly, make sure that the pivot is not binding. If it isn't binding then replace the motor, if the pivot is binding, replace the pivot...

Thank you,

Robert