Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery went flat in a 300c hemi 2008 model, changed battery…

Customer Question
Battery went flat in...

Battery went flat in a 300c hemi 2008 model, changed battery may have shorted it and poped fuses, replaced all that now there's no power to ignition, why when we put positive and negative leads on then get a test light, test test light on battery and hardly lights up? Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistant :)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 300C yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fixing myself, all fuses for car have been replaced under boot and bonnet, when connect battery, car drains battery, fault in battery put in wrong way

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes please

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
6/10/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the battery was connected backward it could have blown any fuse or instantly damaged any electrical component. It will require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on and what the repair will require.

Are any fuses still currently blowing?