Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

04 chrysler pacifica when car is not running or when it is…

Customer Question
04 chrysler pacifica when car...
04 chrysler pacifica when car is not running or when it is running as soon as u turn the wipers on everything cuts out lights flicker abs and brake light come on with everything off headlights radio climate control. with all that on they cut off and flicker as soon as u turn the switch on but still no wipers
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chrysler
5/19/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

ok so we have a short ,or weak charging system

if you unplug the Wiper motor electrical connector and start it ,will it start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the car runs ive pulled the fuse for the wipers and everything is fine there as soon as i plug the fuse for the wipers in the wipers dont work car will run but starts doing all the other stuff

Ok pull the connector from wiper motor , and leave fuse in does still run, let see if we have wiper motor shorted out or the circuit from fuse to wiper motor then we have to trace it

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok connector is unplugged no radio no climate controls and lights r flickering
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Abs lights up gear lights have squares around them

This is the wiring diagram of the wiper ,showing you the connection to BCM module(most common issue), wiper module, Hi/lo wiper relay ,grounds

Testing will be needed

If you do not mind me asking ,are you looking at fixing this yourself or looking to know the most possible cause of this issue and taking it to repair shop for the work ?

Do you have any prior experience in electrical troubleshooting and testing with a test light for power & ground ?

Do you have a test light & or power probe for testing ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Doing this myself and yes i work at a used car dealership this is our account and one of the cars on our lot

Ok I got you,sounds good

Your next step ,get to bcm module ,unplug it an inspect the pins

2004 Chrysler Pacifica V6-3.5L VIN 4

Save Article

REMOVAL 1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable. 2. Remove the lower instrument panel silencer. 3. Remove the knee blocker airbag. 4. Unclip the 72-way bulkhead connector from the Body Control Module (BCM) mounting assembly. 5. Move bulkhead wiring aside. 6. Disconnect the five wire connectors from the BCM.

Zoom and Print Options

BCM Mounting

7. Remove the four screws holding the BCM to the bulkhead .
8. Remove the BCM from the mounting bracket.

INSTALLATION
1. Place the BCM onto the mounting bracket.
2. Install the four screws holding the BCM to the bulkhead.
3. Connect the five wire connectors to the BCM.
4. Attach the 72-way bulkhead connector onto the Body Control Module (BCM) mounting assembly.
5. Install the knee blocker airbag.
6. Install the lower instrument panel silencer.

WARNING: DO NOT CONNECT THE BATTERY NEGATIVE CABLE. FIRST.
7. Verify vehicle and system operation.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

BCM is most common, But I have seen it all on this car, IPM , BCm ,Grounds an\d wiring issue that fix that problem ,so testing is needed ,with these circuit and some patients you should find it

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
Please kindly rate Me ,Your 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,
You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert
that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat