Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Code p0700 & p0500 speed sensor replaced still speedometer

Customer Question
won't work - stuck in...
code p0700 & p0500 speed sensor replaced still speedometer won't work - stuck in 2nd gear
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: yes- but I replaced both sensors -brand new error code reads just P0700 but it is new.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chrysler?
Customer: 2002 Town Country 3.3L
JA: Are you fixing your Country yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes- replaced speed sensors input/ output, new fluid and filter.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Chrysler
5/17/2017
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Now you will need to visit a shop that has a CAPABLE scan tool that can communicate with the Transmission Controller (TCM). The P0700 is a "Generic" code stored in the PCM telling you that there are codes stored in the TCM. Once you scan the TCM, it will spit out additional codes. If you can post these codes here, I will do my best to help you figure out what is wrong.....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician